Cooking restaurant-style food at home with a healthy twist. Try this fish tacos recipe 😜
· 1 head green leaf lettuce cups
· 2 (4-6 ounce) halibut or flounder fillets
· avocado oil
· sea salt
· 1 mango, weighing 1 pound, peeled and diced
· ¼ cup minced green onions
· ¼ cup chopped cilantro or basil
· 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
· 1 Teaspoon minced serrano or jalapeno
· sea salt, or to taste
Avocado Coconut Cream:
· 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
· ½ cup coconut milk, from the can
· 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
·sea salt to taste
1. Mix together all the ingredients for the mango salsa and set it aside to let the flavors meld.
2. Place all the ingredients for the avocado coconut cream in a blender and blend until smooth. Scoop the cream out of the blender and into a serving dish.
3. Preheat the grill on high heat.
4. While the grill is heating up, drizzle the fish with avocado oil and sprinkle generously with sea salt. Make sure to oil the skin on the bottom of the fillet, it keeps it from sticking to the grill.
5. Place the fish on the grill and immediately lower the heat to medium. Cook until the fish is barely done, just starting to flake but with some softness. This normally takes 5-8 minutes for individual fillet, a whole fish fillet will take longer.
6. While the fish is cooking, pull the lettuce apart into individual leaves. Wash and dry it in a salad spinner.
7. When the fish is done serve it with the lettuce wraps, mango salsa, and the avocado coconut cream.
Tip: the reason I like to prepare most of the recipe before grilling the fish, is so I can keep an eye on it. Fresh, ocean caught fish is expensive so I try to give it my full attention because every time I turn my back it overcooks!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.